- 2 Pork Tenderloins
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons minced garlic. I use the stuff in the jar.
- ½ Cup of real Maple Syrup
- ¼ Cup of balsamic vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons of Dijon Mustard
- 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon of cayenne pepper
Mix together marinade in a bowl. Put tenderloins in a large ziplock bag or plastic container with a lid that seals well and won’t leak. Pour the marinade over the pork. Marinate for several hours or overnight if possible. Occasionally during the marinading process shake the bag or container around to mix it all up in order to make sure the meat is getting marinated evenly.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
In a large skillet, cover the bottom of the pan with olive oil, remove pork from the marinade (but don’t throw it away!!) and sear each side over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes.
Put pork in a baking dish and pour marinade over top. Cover with a lid or foil. Bake for 20 minutes. Let pork stand for 5 minutes after removing from the oven before slicing.