- 12 large carrots, washed, peeled and slices in half longwise (Although, you could actually slice these anyway you like. I think I am going to try an angled cut to create thick oval shaped pieces next time I make these.)
- ½ teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons pure maple syrup or brown sugar
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 425 degrees (if you are planning cook them now).
Mix all ingredients except carrots together in a bowl. Put carrots into a large Ziplock bag or a plastic container with a lid that seals well and won’t leak and pour sauce over top. Now, you can ever just coat the carrots with the sauce really well and move on to the next step or you can put the bag/container in the refrigerator and let them marinate. I like to prep them ahead, sometimes even a couple of days if I am having people over for dinner, and just let them marinate at least overnight. I occasionally take the bag or container out and shake it up well.
On a baking sheet with a lip or in a baking sheet, pour out your carrots and sauce. Arrange the carrots so they are all laying out flat and not on top of each other. Bake for approximately 25 minutes.